Friday, January 1, 2016

The Playroom closet "dressing room" Part 2


Ok, sorry I'm new to this-I was afraid the whole thing would delete... ANYWAY. Back to work. This is a continuation to Part 1, on the blog. So as you can see I picked a fabric (Michael Miller polka dots) then I got some stuff at Hobby Lobby to coordinate (curtain rod, curtain, signs)
Then I got paint from Lowe's. 
 
I got these items at a thrift store to paint 

I ended up running out of time (Christmas morning surprise) and only painted the mirror. 
So anyway. I wanted to do a light wash of the lime green on the entertainment center (henceforth called vanity). So I used the lime paint and *very lightly*painted the surfaces that wouldn't be covered in fabric. I included the fabric for color.

So then I tediously measured and Mod Podge'd and smoothed the fabric down, 

Then I decided to use washi tape on the shelf fronts instead of painting 

Yissss. I love it. Ok, time to paint the closet! 

Yes, all the two-tone pink. Then add the vanity... 

Awwww yeah. Ok. Now my hubs added a safety strap to connect the vanity to a stud (safety first!) then we removed the door, hung the curtain, and decorated! 




The kiddos were so happy! 


I hope you enjoyed ☺️ more to come soon I'm sure! 

No comments:

Post a Comment