Friday, January 1, 2016

The Playroom closet "Dressing Room" Part 1

This project was a long time in the making. I'd seen various Pinterest projects where you turn an old-school entertainment center into a "dress up" cabinet. So, one night at a local auction with a dear friend, I scored an old entertainment center for $5. 
 Yep, that's them wheeling it out of the auction. I'm obsessed with the auction. Here it is sitting at home 
So yeah, it was pretty outdated. Anyway, the original idea was to include a rod hanging in the "TV space", but after more Pinterest, I decided that the closet in the playroom was only holding toys that needed to be donated anyway... So this boring closet 

Would become a "dressing room". So, first things first-the closet door is coming off and a sheer curtain will be hung instead. The entertainment center needs to be cleaned up, and the base piece needs to be removed due to a little water damage. 

So we removed the cabinet doors, lost the weird base, and those 3 shelves still fit in the same area. I knew i wanted to Mod Podge fabric to the horizontal surfaces, so I held off on selecting colors until I picked the *perfect* fabric. 

As this is my first blog, I'm afraid everything will delete 😁 so I'm publishing now, with a Part 2 to follow shortly! 

No comments:

Post a Comment